Thursday, October 28, 2010

Iron Roof Irony

It's the drip drip dripping
that really gets to me
When the roof won't stop leaking
and the rains won't seem to ease.

When the water reaches the buckets limit
and it empties everywhere
water trickles through the floor
along the hall and down the stairs.

Its really a problem we don't need
this mouldy mildew mess
When mum and dad aren't coping well
as cattle prices aren't best.

The rains came too bloody late
and they had to sell the stock
and what use to drive me really mad was that tick tock bloody clock.

So now the skies have opened up
and wet us all like shags
Dad reckons us boys will have to go
we'll have to pack our bags
He wants us out, to find some work
and help the family farm
mum cries to him- don't make them go, keep them here safe from harm.

But its not only the stock that Dad has lost
the bank wants to take the lot
you'd think they'd have enough
without the little that we've got.

So now I'm laying in my bed
still listening to that drip
and wondering if my brothers and I
will still have to take that trip.

1 comment: