Thursday, October 28, 2010

EVERYTHING looks like a snake!!! :(

So out here in countryville snake season has started, oh yes good and proper. We have gone from flood, in which we were attacked by mossies big enough to saddle up and ride, to now SNAKES!


Now normally I am prepared for such an invasion...I remove all fruit from my fruit bowl in the lounge and replace all said items with bullets for my 410 shot gun. A very colourful arrangement of red really matching my lounge suite.

So today when our little 'snake dog' started with his usual yap of " I found one I found one I found one" I went to investigate (without my rifle) and there he was, Mr Brown. After flying inside       ( like Flo Jo) and returning armed, he had gone....I will say that EVERY step and breath is taken extremely seriously at this point.

I then spent the rest of my day looking for our slithery friend like a stealth bomber floating in mid air stepping weightlessly, after all I have my 4 year old niece coming to visit the farm on the weekend and much to my frustration and dismay I couldn't find him...although EVERYTHING looked like a snake....a twig....the grass....my own shadow....and my garden hose could have had enough holes in it to become a soaker..:(

Day one of snake season and I'm down 1 point, not happy at all. If I could just get a email out to them or a memo of some sort I would simply explain the importance of their boundary and my boundary. The rules are simple, don't come into the house yard and live....really is that too much to ask???

4 comments:

  1. Not to much to ask at all! They are running riot over here too. As I said to Mr H....we are living in a snake-infested oasis...not so great when you have an active one-year-old.

    Good job to Buddy for spotting Mr Brown....next time take the bloody 410 with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy was a little champ, although I didn't want him being a snaker..and yet I felt so safe with the little critter beside me :):)

    Would you believe the bore decided to die at 9.30pm last night, and I had to go out into the dark snake infested paddock to help B-Rock fix it? Oh my..they say walk hard so the snakes know you are there...well I walked like an elephant...scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I hate snakes! I thought we had a big black in our bathroom today... turns out it was just a belt from a black pair of shorts. I nearly put a skylight in our ceiling from jumping so high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahhah thats hilarious...you sound just as paranoid as me? Although I'm not often finding Joe Blakes in my bathroom ;)

    How do you think a skylight will go in your humble abode?

    ReplyDelete