Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hooray!! I'm jobless....

Feels very weird typing/saying that as I have worked more or less full-time since leaving school all those years ago. My decision to resign was primarily based on the stress my Real Estate job was having on my family and most of all myself. I would often drive home in tears and frustrated at just how much my dream job was making me feel, I could never attend Miss M's school functions and this would upset her. So the guilt of being a working Mum and helping to provide for my family would eat me up inside. I then made myself sit back and think about how much different my life would be if I didn't work...sure I could attend those School functions and see my beautiful girl full of joy, but isn't not being able to provide for her more important?

So I have decide to have a break from working and see how we all go....and I'd hate to say, but I do miss working. I wake up and pace the floors wondering what I'm going to do today....tomorrow...the next day.

So after scrubbing my house like its never been scrubbed before, only to have the tractors fly past and send clouds of dust right back in, I tried the whole cooking thing.....yep those cookies are still in the cookie jar....and last nights left overs weren't taken for lunch today by Mr B...:(

Surely I'm good at something other than being in Real Estate?????


It's so quiet here....even the fridge sounds like its screaming....

I did have an exciting plan to slash outside, only to find the slasher has been taken to the other farm...so I hopped on the ride on, and have to say that was a hairy experience..snakes are everywhere at the moment so I spent most of the time mowing with my knees around my ears and my feet on the steering wheel...must have looked a gorgeous sight!!!

1 comment:

  1. A break (however long it is) sounds like a fantastic idea. Miss M is going to benefit from not only having you at home but having a Mum who isn't stressed and upset after work.

    I am currently trying to decide whether I should go back to work for a few days a week next year. I wasn't prepared for how guilty I would feel trying to make this decision.

    I wish I had a crystal ball that could tell me what the "right" decision is. :)

    ReplyDelete