Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Some Inspiration....

Writers block has had me held at ransom for weeks, maybe its how busy my life has been, or maybe its just the typical everyday frustration of life- busy or not.

I've found myself calling my Mum alot lately, most mornings actually, for a coffee and a chat. We haven't had the best of relationships as Mother and Daughter- we are too much alike I say. However I know that if I need some motivation/inspiration she is the person I turn to most of the time.
I left home for real at 17.5 years of age to work as a Governess/Rousie on a property outside Dirranbandi, something I had yearned for since I was just a little tacker. Mum wrote me this poem and gave it to me the day the truck came to collect me and I often find myself looking back on it for inspiration to keep on keeping on.

Its been a slog
we've had it tough
and, i know at times its been very rough.
But, I have to say
I'm so very proud of you
your Brothers and your Sisters too!

My little girl has turned a page
in that book of life that's been mapped an age
We follow that book our whole lives through
the good times, the bad, and the waiting times too.

You've got your chance now,
grab on and hold tight
you've wanted this badly
work hard, you'll be right!
listen and learn, let your brain be a sponge
others impart, take the plunge.

Take the plunge, but be wary
for there are bad times too
be aware that they're coming
stand tall see them through.
As each one passes
you'll find that in time
they'll seem smaller, lesser
Hey kid, you'll be fine!

I love you my Elizabeth,
I'll pray for your moon.
keep stretching and reaching
for you may hold a star soon
As long as you aim high
the moons not that far
Be proud and be strong
I love the girl that you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment