Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How Old is To Old?

In the early hours of this morning our 10 year old comes into our room upset that she has had a terrible nightmare, I immediately scooched over and wrapped her into my arms, hushing her back to sleep. We only have a Queen sized bed and with 3 it seems even smaller. I had the pleasure of reading pottymouthmama's post this morning-  Ah - Sweet Bed!  regarding bed sizes and had to chuckle at her comments. However this blog isn't about how big the bed it, but rather how big our children get and when a certain age is too old.

This morning I let our girl into our bed simply because she was upset with her dream . Within 5 minutes of our Miss M sliding in, B-Rock decides to get out in a huff, grab his pillow and head straight for the couch, grumbling as he went about her being too old to sleep in our bed. Now I understand why he did that, I do..but what I don't get is, it won't be long before she hits 16-17 and we won't have the pleasure of those cuddles. Instead we could be awoken by her calling and waking us up in the night saying she's had an accident, or worse still by a policeman-god forbid.

I enjoy my sleep as much as the next parent, but I enjoy being able to cuddle my 'baby girl' much much more. Time is flying by and surely a few hours of lost sleep doesn't compare?

No comments:

Post a Comment